When radio was the new, disruptive technology, broadcasters in Australia had a great idea: sell radios that were tied to one station. That way, the sale of the devices would fund the operation of the station. The “walled garden” approach to radio lasted a little over a year, destroyed by hobbyists that built their own, tunable …
At present, Telstra gives data for
free farcebook etc for ( the kiddies' ) mobiles via bigpond. As a Telstra dupe, er, customer of long standing I feel no discomfort predicting that this and the above projected state of affairs will last no longer than is needed to tie down a majority of mugs to the longest, fattest contracts possible. Artful screws will then be applied.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix