The proposed Pacific Fibre, which if built would add both capacity and competition to the trans-Pacific fibre route, has announced $NZ5.5 million of funding from PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel via his Valar Ventures investment vehicle. In an announcement posted on the Pacific Fibre Website, Thiel is quoted as describing the …
Message too short.
None of this will make a blind bit of difference to pricing in New Zealand while there's a duopoly there.
10 years ago it cost 6 times as much to take 2Mb the last mile for delivery within the country as it did to get it from Los Angeles to Auckland. Internal pricing hasn't changed much since then.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Kaspersky backpedals on "done nothing wrong, nothing to fear" company article