The proposed Pacific Fibre, which if built would add both capacity and competition to the trans-Pacific fibre route, has announced $NZ5.5 million of funding from PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel via his Valar Ventures investment vehicle. In an announcement posted on the Pacific Fibre Website, Thiel is quoted as describing the …
Message too short.
None of this will make a blind bit of difference to pricing in New Zealand while there's a duopoly there.
10 years ago it cost 6 times as much to take 2Mb the last mile for delivery within the country as it did to get it from Los Angeles to Auckland. Internal pricing hasn't changed much since then.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Vid Mysterious BEAM outside London Googleplex ZAPPED