The proposed Pacific Fibre, which if built would add both capacity and competition to the trans-Pacific fibre route, has announced $NZ5.5 million of funding from PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel via his Valar Ventures investment vehicle. In an announcement posted on the Pacific Fibre Website, Thiel is quoted as describing the …
Message too short.
None of this will make a blind bit of difference to pricing in New Zealand while there's a duopoly there.
10 years ago it cost 6 times as much to take 2Mb the last mile for delivery within the country as it did to get it from Los Angeles to Auckland. Internal pricing hasn't changed much since then.
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle