In a startling turn of events, EMC has apparently sidelined Data Domain boss Frank Slootman, who has led EMC's Backup and Recovery Systems (BRS) division since EMC acquired Data Domain, the leading deduplication systems vendor, in 2009. It's not a spoof announcement. Fifteen-year EMC staffer William "BJ" Jenkins replaces …
Frank wasn't sidelined or pushed out. After running Backup Recovery Systems through it's formative stages he passed control over to BJ and stayed on in an advisory capacity for a few months before starting the new year at Data Domain investor Greylock Partners.
I wish him the best of luck and I'm sure he'll be back looking to sell EMC another Greylock investment in the near future.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS