In a startling turn of events, EMC has apparently sidelined Data Domain boss Frank Slootman, who has led EMC's Backup and Recovery Systems (BRS) division since EMC acquired Data Domain, the leading deduplication systems vendor, in 2009. It's not a spoof announcement. Fifteen-year EMC staffer William "BJ" Jenkins replaces …
Frank wasn't sidelined or pushed out. After running Backup Recovery Systems through it's formative stages he passed control over to BJ and stayed on in an advisory capacity for a few months before starting the new year at Data Domain investor Greylock Partners.
I wish him the best of luck and I'm sure he'll be back looking to sell EMC another Greylock investment in the near future.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account