In a startling turn of events, EMC has apparently sidelined Data Domain boss Frank Slootman, who has led EMC's Backup and Recovery Systems (BRS) division since EMC acquired Data Domain, the leading deduplication systems vendor, in 2009. It's not a spoof announcement. Fifteen-year EMC staffer William "BJ" Jenkins replaces …
Frank wasn't sidelined or pushed out. After running Backup Recovery Systems through it's formative stages he passed control over to BJ and stayed on in an advisory capacity for a few months before starting the new year at Data Domain investor Greylock Partners.
I wish him the best of luck and I'm sure he'll be back looking to sell EMC another Greylock investment in the near future.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?