Two men were sentenced to lengthy prison terms on Tuesday for their roles in an ATM skimming spree that authorities say targeted gas station pumps throughout the United States. David Karapetyan, 32, received a seven-year prison sentence after pleading guilty to 37 felonies related to the scam, which prosecutors said netted more …
avn't the ConDem's
Been running a gargantuan facsimile of this little caper in Ol Blighty?
Unpaid supporting cast for this drama included ...
"The scheme unraveled after a 7-Eleven store employee in Martinez, California, noticed a skimming device inside a gas pump."
(elsewhere) "From November 2009 to February 2010, they are believed to have stolen $158,800 from 196 people, prosecutors said. Banks have reimbursed the victims."
Why am I almost certain no one got back to the clueful employee with an offer of a reward? Banks? 7-Eleven? Police? How about 1% of the damages to the banks? Nahhh.... lack of motivation... perpetuates lack of motivation...
Lack of motivation if your only motivation is money.
@ AC 21:29 GMT
Eee hee hee!
But even then the Guvmint was slow to catch on to even larger capers by UK Whitehall mob.
Italy has the mafia
US has the mob
We have the Whitehall mob and Westminster gang to contend with
..are they like Junior Mints?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000 ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad