Coupon website Groupon has scooped up three companies offering similar services in Israel, India and South Africa, after it completed a $950m round of funding from investors yesterday. The 3,000-strong outfit, which recently walked away from a multi-billion dollar takeover bid by Google, said it had bought coupon deal sites …
Granted I'm biased because I like the fact that its a Chicago based start up that is getting traction and not a Silicon Valley or Alley that is getting face time.
But yeah, why sell out when you can control a market segment?
After the first 100 million, the rest doesn't matter.... :-)
Local business journal reported that some of the money raised went to investors and insiders...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON