Coupon website Groupon has scooped up three companies offering similar services in Israel, India and South Africa, after it completed a $950m round of funding from investors yesterday. The 3,000-strong outfit, which recently walked away from a multi-billion dollar takeover bid by Google, said it had bought coupon deal sites …
Granted I'm biased because I like the fact that its a Chicago based start up that is getting traction and not a Silicon Valley or Alley that is getting face time.
But yeah, why sell out when you can control a market segment?
After the first 100 million, the rest doesn't matter.... :-)
Local business journal reported that some of the money raised went to investors and insiders...
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware
- Ice, ice maybe: Evidence of 'Grand Canyon' glacier FOUND ON MARS