Coupon website Groupon has scooped up three companies offering similar services in Israel, India and South Africa, after it completed a $950m round of funding from investors yesterday. The 3,000-strong outfit, which recently walked away from a multi-billion dollar takeover bid by Google, said it had bought coupon deal sites …
Granted I'm biased because I like the fact that its a Chicago based start up that is getting traction and not a Silicon Valley or Alley that is getting face time.
But yeah, why sell out when you can control a market segment?
After the first 100 million, the rest doesn't matter.... :-)
Local business journal reported that some of the money raised went to investors and insiders...
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Peak Apple: Mountain of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s ordered
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion