The mailing list of family history website Genes Reunited went bonkers on Monday, deluging a small minority of subscribers with more than 2,000 emails each. Reg reader Dave was the first to report on the message storm glitch but others have been affected, as a quick search on twitter reveals. "All the messages (all 2,486 of them …
Email - damn stuff
I have to send bulk (solicited) email. Writing the code and pressing "send" is a nervous time, even when you think you've tested everything.
It's unfortunately very easy to do
Once sent one person around 2000 copies of an email from a tiny script change even though it was meant to be sending all tests to me. Tiny coding error can do it or as in this case the server just doing what it "thinks" is helpful.
With LawLess on that nervy hand shaking above the enter button. :)
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps