Supercomputer maker Cray can't just sell huge machines to a handful of government and academic labs flush with government funding. It also has to sell them to universities and private companies that are tapping into smaller amounts of Uncle Sam's largess. So it is with an XT6m supercomputer deal that Cray is bringing online this …
The NSA will make it profitable
The NSA, in dealing with ever increasing streams of sigint, is bound to buy a few of these so it can cover all the bases, which should make the venture very profitable.
The U.S. government is good at sleight of hand financing - ask Boeing.
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month