Supercomputer maker Cray can't just sell huge machines to a handful of government and academic labs flush with government funding. It also has to sell them to universities and private companies that are tapping into smaller amounts of Uncle Sam's largess. So it is with an XT6m supercomputer deal that Cray is bringing online this …
The NSA will make it profitable
The NSA, in dealing with ever increasing streams of sigint, is bound to buy a few of these so it can cover all the bases, which should make the venture very profitable.
The U.S. government is good at sleight of hand financing - ask Boeing.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone