Supercomputer maker Cray can't just sell huge machines to a handful of government and academic labs flush with government funding. It also has to sell them to universities and private companies that are tapping into smaller amounts of Uncle Sam's largess. So it is with an XT6m supercomputer deal that Cray is bringing online this …
The NSA will make it profitable
The NSA, in dealing with ever increasing streams of sigint, is bound to buy a few of these so it can cover all the bases, which should make the venture very profitable.
The U.S. government is good at sleight of hand financing - ask Boeing.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft