Supercomputer maker Cray can't just sell huge machines to a handful of government and academic labs flush with government funding. It also has to sell them to universities and private companies that are tapping into smaller amounts of Uncle Sam's largess. So it is with an XT6m supercomputer deal that Cray is bringing online this …
The NSA will make it profitable
The NSA, in dealing with ever increasing streams of sigint, is bound to buy a few of these so it can cover all the bases, which should make the venture very profitable.
The U.S. government is good at sleight of hand financing - ask Boeing.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices