Android tablets are for media consumption? Panasonic thinks so - and that they'll make rather good TV accessories too. Today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Japanese giant showed off a "prototype tablet-type terminal", one of a family of touchscreen gadgets - screen sizes run from four to ten inches - that'll go out …
Could be good
If it also works as a remote control for the TV and controls your DVR, so you can view the EPG, etc. without having to overlay it on the TV show you're currently viewing.
"All of these applications can, of course, be run on any tablet, whatever it's OS...not as a secondary computer a la the iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab or the vast array of Android tablets set to be announced this week, but as an accessory for your telly."
So why not just get a real tablet rather than this limited, TV-specific one?
Love the TV Social Media Combo!
There are so many cool things happening right now with TV and social media and I think this product is great at combining the two. People are looking for more ways to engage with others while watching their favorite programs and this device does a great job at honing in on that. Interactive entertainment appears to be a big wave that many software developers, and now device developers, are catching. Here is a great article by Fast Company (http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/151/i-want-my-twitter-tv.html) that highlights one company that is taking advantage of the social media TV mash-up. Apps such as Tweex (http://tweex.tv) is another good example.
I look forward to seeing how this device fairs in the market.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking Crescent Bay prototype
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp