Pay rises in 2011 are likely to be better than last year – assuming the recovery continues – but your pay is likely to increase less than the cost of living. Helped by yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT, the rise in the cost of living is likely to outpace salary growth for the second year running. Figures from Incomes …
No tit required, he lost the General Election
This is all only relevant if your boss is likely to increase your wages this year.
Most people will not see ANY rise unless the minimum wage increases.
Remind me again what one of those is?
Percent versus percentage points
> yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT
Wasn't it a 2.5 percentage point increase? (= ~2.1%)
Re: Percent versus percentage points
Well done sir, you win 2011 Pedant of the Year. The competition is now closed, thank you all.
(Yes that is correct.)
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series