Pay rises in 2011 are likely to be better than last year – assuming the recovery continues – but your pay is likely to increase less than the cost of living. Helped by yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT, the rise in the cost of living is likely to outpace salary growth for the second year running. Figures from Incomes …
No tit required, he lost the General Election
This is all only relevant if your boss is likely to increase your wages this year.
Most people will not see ANY rise unless the minimum wage increases.
Remind me again what one of those is?
Percent versus percentage points
> yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT
Wasn't it a 2.5 percentage point increase? (= ~2.1%)
Re: Percent versus percentage points
Well done sir, you win 2011 Pedant of the Year. The competition is now closed, thank you all.
(Yes that is correct.)
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt