Pay rises in 2011 are likely to be better than last year – assuming the recovery continues – but your pay is likely to increase less than the cost of living. Helped by yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT, the rise in the cost of living is likely to outpace salary growth for the second year running. Figures from Incomes …
No tit required, he lost the General Election
This is all only relevant if your boss is likely to increase your wages this year.
Most people will not see ANY rise unless the minimum wage increases.
Remind me again what one of those is?
Percent versus percentage points
> yesterday's 2.5 per cent increase in VAT
Wasn't it a 2.5 percentage point increase? (= ~2.1%)
Re: Percent versus percentage points
Well done sir, you win 2011 Pedant of the Year. The competition is now closed, thank you all.
(Yes that is correct.)
- Exclusive Security guru Bruce Schneier to leave employer BT
- Product roundup Station to station: Ten DAB-Bluetooth combo radios
- Is Google prepping an ARMY of WALKING ROBOTS?
- Analysis That Google ARM love-in: They want it for their own s*** and they don't want Bing having it
- Apple CEO Cook breaks YEARS OF SILENCE, finally speaks to El Reg hack