The Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe (PRACE), which is upgrading its pan-European supercomputing facilities across a number of large HPC labs, has announced that it has commissioned IBM to build a 3-petaflops massively parallel super using the company's iDataPlex blade-rack hybrid machines and the next-generation of …
Liquid Cooled by the look of it
Time for IT staff to start looking at plumbing certifications by the look of it. First all the talk about overclocking for financial markets, now this...
Me coat, the one with the small gas torch, pipe cutter and solder in the pockets.
Bull : not one but two!
There is apparently a confusion between Tera 100 and CURIE. These are two different petaflopic supercompters designed and built by Bull.
Tera 100 features 140 00 Intel Xeon "Nehalem EX" processors and delivers a peak performance of 1.25 pflops, and a linpack performance of 1.05. It's today operational and used for rechearch in Defense / nuclear applications.
CURIE has a peak performance of 1.6 pflops. It will features 90 000 cores of Sand Bridge Xeon processors. It will operational in 2011 and used for civil research in the framework of PRACE consortium.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...