Intel has implemented its X18-M and X25-V flash products in a tablet and netbook form factor with the m-SATA SSD 310 line. The 40GB 310 has exactly the same I/O performance as Intel's 40GB X25-V with 25,000 random read IOPS, 2,500 random-write IOPS, and 170MB/s sequential-read and 35MB/s sequential-write speeds. Its 80GB …
They can do complicated!
" complicate the operating system I/O" - yes, but it sounds like Microsoft Windows's ReadyBoost can use it straight away, and I guess that other operating systems are catching up.
"Intel aims flash at tablets, netbooks"
So they're going to be as cheap as hard drives to keep netbook cost comensurate with current pricing? Bullshit.
Looks like somebody at Untel didn't get the message about inexpensive netbooks being dead. Oh that's right, raise the price out the roof and buyers will think they're getting something special. Typical corporate.
- ASTEROID'S SHOCK DINO-KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it