Intel has implemented its X18-M and X25-V flash products in a tablet and netbook form factor with the m-SATA SSD 310 line. The 40GB 310 has exactly the same I/O performance as Intel's 40GB X25-V with 25,000 random read IOPS, 2,500 random-write IOPS, and 170MB/s sequential-read and 35MB/s sequential-write speeds. Its 80GB …
They can do complicated!
" complicate the operating system I/O" - yes, but it sounds like Microsoft Windows's ReadyBoost can use it straight away, and I guess that other operating systems are catching up.
"Intel aims flash at tablets, netbooks"
So they're going to be as cheap as hard drives to keep netbook cost comensurate with current pricing? Bullshit.
Looks like somebody at Untel didn't get the message about inexpensive netbooks being dead. Oh that's right, raise the price out the roof and buyers will think they're getting something special. Typical corporate.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders