Intel has implemented its X18-M and X25-V flash products in a tablet and netbook form factor with the m-SATA SSD 310 line. The 40GB 310 has exactly the same I/O performance as Intel's 40GB X25-V with 25,000 random read IOPS, 2,500 random-write IOPS, and 170MB/s sequential-read and 35MB/s sequential-write speeds. Its 80GB …
They can do complicated!
" complicate the operating system I/O" - yes, but it sounds like Microsoft Windows's ReadyBoost can use it straight away, and I guess that other operating systems are catching up.
"Intel aims flash at tablets, netbooks"
So they're going to be as cheap as hard drives to keep netbook cost comensurate with current pricing? Bullshit.
Looks like somebody at Untel didn't get the message about inexpensive netbooks being dead. Oh that's right, raise the price out the roof and buyers will think they're getting something special. Typical corporate.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job