Feeds

back to article Restaurant held up with iPhone, not gun

New London, Connecticut ne'er-do-well Jerome Taylor thought his iPhone to be a suitable facsimile for a handgun in his failed attempt to hold up a local restaurant. Not that the restaurant staff weren't fooled, but they make cooks tough in Connecticut, and rather than meekly handing over the cash, they grabbed knives and stood …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Happy

Daylight robbery?

Are we talking about Apple's prices again?

Obvious Headline

This is a Stick App

WTF?

OK, so if this guy can afford an iPhone...

...WTF was he doing holding up a restaurant??

(Unless he nicked the iPhone, of course!)

Silver badge
Happy

Probably broke and hungry after having.......

....bought the iPhone.

Silver badge
Happy

Though I strongly suspect that he now no longer feels.........

....that the product is "magical"!

Enough already! We've had our fun - Happy Christmas everybody, even fanbois (of ALL denominations).

Bronze badge

Shutgun app?

He probably downloaded the shotgun app and thought he could rob a restaurant with it ... USians ... the Belgians of the Americas!

Anonymous Coward

USians

Hm what's an USians? I can't seem to find it in the dictionary or on the net .

I used that Google thingy

"USian

A racial slur used by Central and some South Americans to demean real Americans."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=usians

Anonymous Coward

Its a crime here to.

> But it turns out that trying to rob someone at gunpoint is still a crime, even if you don't have a gun and are in America.

It is irrelevant whether the thief has a gun, an iphone, a banana or simply just his finger. It is the victims viewpoint that matters. If the thief convinces the victim that they have a gun then it is a gun crime.

Its a crime here to.

>> It is irrelevant whether the thief has a gun.

You beat me to it. While I'm here, I should point out that many of the toy guns that reg. readers would have owned when they were a child, would now probably be considered a realistic imitation firearm and possession in a public place would probably land you in a great deal of trouble (for possession of a firearm). Infact even the ones which weren't realistic would probably still be considered imitation firearms.

Troll

He may have succeeded...

...if he had used an Android phone. They make far better fake firearms.

Flame

goes to show

There is obviously a market for phones in a gun form factor. Apple of course would never make such a device but I would expect a chinese handset running android in the new year.

Silver badge
Joke

Such a phone would add a whole new threat dimension to.............

........"don't ring us, we'll ring you"! Or, if you want to start a small war, "get your people to ring my people"!

Megaphone

this story say something about people who buy iphone

that is they are a bunch of suckers!!

Coat

Need to rob someone?

There's an app for that.

Alert

Just like in the article

"Daylight robbery - there's an app for that (tm)"

WTF?

Had he been watching Pulp Fiction?

Had he been watching Pulp Fiction and got the wrong idea about holding somewhere up with a mobile phone?

Guess he didn't pay attention and thought it was a restaurant they were on about and not a bank...

NSFW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMhI78yt0tw&feature=related

(Skip to 1 min 28 seconds in).

Rob

This topic is closed for new posts.