AT&T has paid almost $2bn for the frequencies Qualcomm has been using to broadcast its MediaFLO service. Qualcomm paid $683m for the two 6MHz bands, which used to carry analogue TV transmissions and cover 300 million people. For the last few years Qualcomm has been broadcasting TV-to-mobiles under the MediaFLO brand. …
Sensible that the bandwidth will suppliment data rather than TV.
Let's face it, anyone smarter than a box of hammers isn't going to watch TV on a 1.5 inch screen, and the only ones that doing it for free, are courtesy of M&D finance (Mum & Dad).
It's only sensible that it get used for data instead.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins