AT&T has paid almost $2bn for the frequencies Qualcomm has been using to broadcast its MediaFLO service. Qualcomm paid $683m for the two 6MHz bands, which used to carry analogue TV transmissions and cover 300 million people. For the last few years Qualcomm has been broadcasting TV-to-mobiles under the MediaFLO brand. …
Sensible that the bandwidth will suppliment data rather than TV.
Let's face it, anyone smarter than a box of hammers isn't going to watch TV on a 1.5 inch screen, and the only ones that doing it for free, are courtesy of M&D finance (Mum & Dad).
It's only sensible that it get used for data instead.
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review