AT&T has paid almost $2bn for the frequencies Qualcomm has been using to broadcast its MediaFLO service. Qualcomm paid $683m for the two 6MHz bands, which used to carry analogue TV transmissions and cover 300 million people. For the last few years Qualcomm has been broadcasting TV-to-mobiles under the MediaFLO brand. …
Sensible that the bandwidth will suppliment data rather than TV.
Let's face it, anyone smarter than a box of hammers isn't going to watch TV on a 1.5 inch screen, and the only ones that doing it for free, are courtesy of M&D finance (Mum & Dad).
It's only sensible that it get used for data instead.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers