AT&T has paid almost $2bn for the frequencies Qualcomm has been using to broadcast its MediaFLO service. Qualcomm paid $683m for the two 6MHz bands, which used to carry analogue TV transmissions and cover 300 million people. For the last few years Qualcomm has been broadcasting TV-to-mobiles under the MediaFLO brand. …
Sensible that the bandwidth will suppliment data rather than TV.
Let's face it, anyone smarter than a box of hammers isn't going to watch TV on a 1.5 inch screen, and the only ones that doing it for free, are courtesy of M&D finance (Mum & Dad).
It's only sensible that it get used for data instead.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Did Apple's iOS literally make you SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked