The Register uses cookies. Find out more.

back to article Morricone makes music for Android smartphone

LG has hired famed movie music composer Ennio Morricone to write... er... ringtones for its upcoming dual-core smartphone. How the mighty have fallen. How can a man who penned such classic soundtracks as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, The Mission, The Untouchables, Cinema Paradiso and John Carpenter's remake of The Thing have …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

It's a bloody phone

All it needs to do is go brring brrring

When the things ring(*) people tend to answer the call not sit there listening to a tune, all a waste of time and money in my book.

(*) Can you still say a phone rings? What should we say when it's the dambusters theme for example.

This is a totally impartial comment as I don't have a mobile phone, although if I did and it played the dambusters theme I reckon I would listen to that rather than talk to anybody who'd want to call me.

Flame

Pluralism rules!

Yeah maybe back in the 1950s when there was only 1 phone in the house, you knew who's phone was ringing: yours. Now we're in the future, we need to be able to discriminate. And I don't mean who's phone belongs to whom, I mean we have to be able to hate the owner properly based on the couple of bars they chose to identify themselves. Classical music for a ringtone? Stuck-up douche. Steps? Metrosexual moisturising, eyebrow-plucking douche. House music? Brain-dead juvenile douche. Techno? Drug-addled poser douche. Default ringtone? Cheap douche. The watch chimes from A Few Dollars More? Me-too douche. The Professionals ringtone: coffin-dodging douche. GPO model 706 ringtone: trainspotting douche.

Haters be hatin'. Just as nature intended ;)

Silver badge

Okay...

What the first few bars of "Man With A Harmonica"?

<title>

I seem to remember that Ryuichi Sakamoto did some ring tones for the Nokia 8800

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums