The ITU has decided that both LTE and WiMAX may be known as "4G" technologies, despite neither properly qualifying as part of the fourth generation of mobile technologies. The International Telecommunications Union decided in November that only LTE-Advanced and its WiMAX equivalent (WirelessMAN-Advanced2) offered enough speed to …
Wrong, plain wrong
"basically giving the marketeers free rein to use the term as they feel fit."
Marketeers are, simply put, Liars!
Allowing this will only confuse the consumer.
I wonder who received the back hander then?
call it cheese on toast
or whatever you want. but will someone just let me know when the revolution of mobile internet is here. til then im back off to sleep
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire