There are no pictures of the gadget yet, but NEC is promising to show off a dual-screen "cloud communicator tablet" running Android - a "world first", the company claims. It's not the first two-screen tablet, mind. Toshiba's Libretto W100, announced back in June, probably claims that honour, but it ran Windows 7. NEC's will …
So it's basically a big Nintendo DS then.
Its an Android Game and Watch!
The eDGe ...
... has been in use for quite some time now. It is a dual screen Android device with a 9" e-ink screen and a 10" lcd screen.
See http://www.entourageedge.com/devices/entourage-edge.html for some details.
How about the Reg having a look at it?
Microsoft's concept dual screen Courier tablet. I wish that Microsoft hadn't canned that project though as the concept vids looked great.
...doesn't necessarily mean a resistive screen. There are capacitive screens with active digitizer on quite a few laptops already - the N-Trig gear.
And linux already supports it. Android is linux, right?
But did the Tosh go on sale in June ?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Barnes & Noble: Swallow a Samsung Nook tablet, please ... pretty please