back to article Nvidia Tegra 2 hailed as Honeycomb CPU of choice

Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 will run on Nvidia's Tegra 2. So says Citigroup analyst Glen Yeung, by way of Barron's, who last week told investors that Samsung has “placed a sizeable order with Nvidia for Tegra 2 chips in the first half of 2011, geared for both tablets and smartphones”. Yeung went on to claim that the Nvidia ARM-based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Hmm, Tegra seems virtually identical to Apple A4

Although the Tegra 2 can come in dual core versions - apart from that, the ARM core and OpenGL 2.1/Direct X 10 graphics hardware is pretty much what Apple packs into an A4. Just saying.....

I have been wondering when a pointy clicky 'Unlock my iPhone/iPad and put Android on it' distribution would appear? There is a lot of legacy Apple kit out there now to target for 'upgrade' to Android.

RE: Hmm, Tegra seems virtually identical to Apple A4

"apart from that, the ARM core and OpenGL 2.1/Direct X 10 graphics hardware is pretty much what Apple packs into an A4."

Incorrect. Tegra 2 is expected to deliver 71 million triangles per second vs Apples 28 million triangles per second for the A4.

http://www.fudzilla.com/mobiles/item/21201-tegra-2-has-25x-graphics-performance-of-iphone-a4

Go

True, but not really what I was getting at

It looks like a tablet platform may be developing; ARM + PowerVR.

Should be good for developers if Apple and Google have similar reference platforms, and they are the two main players until Microsoft get a proper tablet UI.

There is an opportunity to get Android onto Apple hardware as all those iPhones come off contract and get passed on.

Thanks for the info :-)

Troll

Fanbois

But which of the fanbois would pass up their beloved 3.x/4.x iOS and put Android on their fondle-slabs? I thought the argument for the extra price margin and (questionable) build (antenna, et al) was why they picked the iPhone in the first place...

IT Angle

vega

same hardware as the £200 advent vega.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums