Romanian police are claiming success in breaking up a cybercrime ring blamed for losses of more than €11m ($14.6 million) through telecoms call charge fraud. Raids on Tuesday led to the arrest of 42 suspected members of the gang, reckoned to be led by two Romanians, according to Romanian prosecutors. The group specialised in …
Someone help me out here
...but is there really any valid reason why premium rate numbers exist? It seems like the only time you hear about them are for scams.
Disclaimer: IMO phone sex and fortune telling do not qualify as valid businesses
One of our comms controllers
Alerted us to a £58 premium rate call on saturday at 15:20....our office was supposed to be locked, only building security had access......Oh yes, and the security guards are mainly contractor (eastern europeans....)
dail in and loop back out?
nah of course the comms controllers have disabled that default.
This is eaxctly how the scam worked, bad defaults allowing breakout to out dial.
I mean no-one would use their own phone
would they? My brother has a mate who was went bankrupt due to calling premium rate numbers about 5 years back. What a muppet. He would have bought a 1000 copies of Razzle for the price of a weeks worth of calls. Plum!
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it