back to article Geeks Guide2 Christmas 2010 - Part IV

Deleted

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Eponymous Cowherd
    Thumb Down

Real geeks don't use iPhones

You can't do anything "geeky" with an iPhone, all you can do is use it as Apple intend. Nothing wrong with that in itself as it makes the device, essentially, bomb-proof, which is great for most users.

But unless you can mod it to hell and back, it ain't a Geek Gadget.

2. Carl W

A trilogy in four parts

Five parts, surely? Six if you count the recent one by Eoin Colfer

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Useful guide?

Geeks, don't bother with the sex guide, you'll only get confused when you see it's not like the internets say it is.

Stick with the Warcraft book, that'll make far more sense

4. James Hughes 1

HHGG

I've always found the best way to be familiar with the plots of books is to, well, read them?

5. PikeyDawg
    Thumb Up

Superfreakonomics

Great stuff right there!

6. Richard Taylor 2
    FAIL

Now I know the Reg is larey of Apple but...

"The portable genius guides are brilliant and essential reading for all Apple lovers. With the iPhone 4 still in huge demand, iPhone 4 Portable Genius is the perfect Christmas present to help users understand and use new features such as Facetime, as well as syncing their iPhone with their PC."

But I didn't think that they assumed iQs were low enough to require this.....

7. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Thumb Down

Geek wannabees, you mean.

Aside possibly from the superfreakonomics book, I can see no way in hell any true geek would want to buy any of the other titles for it implies lack of basic knowledge (ie the guide to HHGTG and WoW book) or irrelevant knowledge (ie the sex one)

This topic is closed for new posts.