Feeds

back to article PARIS concocts commemorative cocktail

The Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) team is delighted to announce today that it has concocted a cocktail in honour both of our patron saint Paris Hilton and the heroic Playmonaut who on 28 October piloted the Vulture 1 vehicle to earth from a dizzying 89,591 feet. Our inspiration for the commemorative beverage came …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Joke

NSFD

= Not Safe For Drinking

Paris Hilton

Paris Cocktail

Knickerdropper Glory?

cant stop laughing

Class!!

The icecream

layering effect. A perfect name.

Thumb Up

"crack tasters"

I thought you sniffed it through a £5 note...

Anonymous Coward

Trans Am' wheel arch nostrils

Snorting crack? No thanks. LOL

I'd rather inject myself with herbal marijuana....

Pint

May I suggest...

...A mite high...

Pint

Great Boo's Up!

I thought it was going to mean not safe for drinking but can see what you mean!!

I wouldn't mind going to a bar and asking for a stratospheric parisian please!

BTW Paper_Aircraft_Released_Into_Space now comes up second on the google rankings for parisian.

Paris Hilton

My suggestion

"Slurp of Paris' siberian counter-parts"

As a side note, surely you could've used baileys flavoured ice cream? f.e. haagen-dazs? or is that not available on those siberian parts?

Pint

PARIS = PARIS

Why not embrace recursion and just call it PARIS which, or course, stands for:

Paris - Alcohol, Recumbent In Sugar

Kind of sums up your patron too...

I.

Bronze badge

(๏ Y ๏) Name

One Flight In PARIS?

Pint

NSFD ...

Damn tootin' - the brown sugar was enough to put me off, although I can't quite see it working as well with artificial sweeteners, somehow.

As well as being diabetic, I'm also teetotal and lousy at thinking of names but I'll be the first to admit that the end result looks pretty epic.

¡Salud!

Coat

NSFD?

Damn right. I read the story, and my blood glucose level soared by a stomach-clenching 12 points!

The one with the insulin in the pocket thank you!

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Tinkerbell

Pint

Shriley

Is should be called the Intrepid Playmonaut

Bronze badge

Trop au Pause?

Or perhaps Langerham's Lament?

Silver badge
Pint

Alternatively

Trop-os-fear, given the number of adverse reactions so far.

Silver badge

Classic old geek...

How's about a recursive acronym?

PARIS Alcoholic Refreshment Is Sweet!

Pint

Ideas

Well, it's based on a view from PARIS, so what about Pariscope?

Someone with more CAD skills than I should cobble this up a la the Engineers' Guide to Drinks (a version is at http://engineers-drinks.blogspot.com/)

Bronze badge

Hmmm

You should be able to do this without sugar or ice cream.

Bottom layer of either green or brown could be done with Kahlua or creme de menthe. White layer, clouds, could be cream (might have to be double cream).

You should be able to float blue curacao on cream and then if you're lucky, blackberry brandy on that (which would give you deep purple, perhaps better than black) as your top layer.

However, you'd want to do it in a "pousse cafe" glass, not a martini glass like you used.

There are actually books out there which tell you which liquor will float on another. If it wasn't 25 years since I was a cocktail bartender I'd even remember the title of one of them.

But that's the way you want to go. Pousse cafe (ie, tall, thin, straight sided glass, often no wider than the diameter of a couple of pencils) and then layer the colours using the density of the liquor.

Bonus tip: this is that the twist on the handle of a bar spoon and the dime sized head of it is all about. Turn the spoon upside down (or bowl upwards, handle hanging down) and the twist enables you to pour the liquors down the handle, the top aiding in spreading it in a layer.

I've seen this done properly (ie, not by me) and ending up with 10-14 layers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pousse-caf%C3%A9

It's really a matter of getting the densities right.

Playmodropper

In honour of the the nature of the mission which it commemorates and because it has clearly caused the plucky plastic protagonist to forsake his better judgement (it must be mighty cold sitting there).

@it must be mighty cold sitting there

After the terror of SPACE our Playmonaut has no fear of chalfonts.

Paris Hilton

Title

Blue Movie

One Flight in PARIS

Wings over Curacao

Dave

Pint

About that last photo...

What on Earth are they drinking? It looks like some kind of stout, only smaller...

you just look at pictures, then

The text accompanying said photo mentions a case of Guiness as an item on an expense report.

Reading, it opens new worlds...

Pint

Impossible!

Can't be! Guinnesses are bigger than that!

Pint

Tentative of Surbiton

Suggests Plastered of PARIS...

Pint

Hmmmm....

The Knicker-Freezer

Booze From A Tube

Hypobaric Hyperglycemia

PARIS Gets Really High

Anonymous Coward

Chusma

>holiday weekend serving hoards of Madrid chusma (riff-raff)

The only reason anybody left Madrid this long weekend was to get away from all the bolos, chicharreros, conejeros and various other hijos de p... (or, as I respectfully call them, peasants) that invaded us. If we hadn't had such a person visiting then I too would have left for the wilds, you lot really don't know how to behave yourselves in a metropolitan area.

Oh and why do they all come here. My theory is because the number for one of el Gordos larger prizes was once sold at a kiosk in Puerto Del Sol so they all descend on the same vendor in the stupid belief that they will sell the winning number again.

Pint

How about...

Hypoglidescenic.

re: How About

Cirrhosis formation?

Silver badge

Soarrhosis

(of the liver)

Paris Hilton

A Captain Kirk

To boldly go where no Playmonaut has gone before...

Or in Paris's case, to boldly go where most men have .....

Silver badge

To baldly go

There, fixed it

Alert

Spaced Out

What more can be said about such a cocktail (and it's creators)

Anonymous Coward

I'll be back with a witty name later

but I really don't want to be queueing at a bar while the resident mixologist spends and hour and a half mucking about with ice cream and freezers

Pint

Really Mum, Do I Have To Leave aTitle?

Flying Parisienne

Humdinger

[The/A] 17 Mile High

Heiress of the Dog

Sugar Rush

Silver badge

A Dead Arm

Because when you pick up your glass, you can imagine Paris is doing it....

So Much For Editing

Er, that was supposed to be:

Hummerdinger

Paris Hilton

Nombres

Paris' Labia Menorca

Spacervixen

and, inevitably, Puss Cafe

Paris Hilton

Through hardships to the bars

"Bird Dropping" seems apposite, in a pseudish sort of way.

Pint

My offering

for the name of the concoction would be a "Ride on PARIS" (in honor of the plucky playmonaut, of course).

Bronze badge
Pint

NSFD

Read the sub header and instantly interpreted as "Not Safe For Drunks" which certainly pause me gave...

Anonymous Coward

In view of current world events

Perhaps, "Sex by Surprise".

Silver badge
Paris Hilton

Some ideas:

If you can add club soda, you can call it the "17 mile high club"

PARIS--"Plane Above (the) Rain In Spain". (Or "plastered". Brits can also use "pissed", but that has certain twisted overtones and doesn't travel well with your American readership. So many options--someone find Henry Higgins to tell us which is proper!!)

PARIS--Playmobil Astronaut's RIght Stuff

Or just "The Right Stuff", but watch out for the cease and desist order from Tom Wolfe and the MPAA.

"The Wrong Stuff" might work based on the ingredients

"Smashed (in) the face of God"

Thumb Up

"The Wrong Stuff"

Love it!

Anonymous Coward

Hows about: Overlord

Because it has intimations of elevation and grand vision, and I, for one, would welcome it.

Thumb Up

Admiration

I canot think of a name to outdo those above, but my admiration for the sheer dedication to their task of the design, construction and launch crews as well as the selfless application of those in a support role, knows no bounds.

The PARIS project has amazed me from the very first intimation to this crowning effort.

Thumb Up

Blue Horizon

Good work, Tito!

in the bar last night.....

How about

Cocka-ola

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.