Feeds

back to article Acer outs skinny dual-core desktop

Acer Revo 100 Ultra-slim desktop PC, anyone? If you fancy one, Acer has just released the Revo 100, packed with Nvidia's Ion chippery and not Intel's Atom but AMD's dual-core Athlon II Neo. There'll be a range of Revo running at different clock speeds, but they'll all use Ion for full HD graphics output. Expect up to 4GB of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Rip the screen of a laptop...

...and charge twice the price?

Unhappy

Ridiculous Price

I bought a barebone Shuttle the other day with an Ion GPU and Dual Core Atom D510 for $160. No GigE, maxes at 2GB RAM, the processor isn't as good, and it's not as sexy as this one... but for $440/less I think I can manage.

I think HP has a microserver with this same processor in it for around $300.

This is a shame, everything else about this is win as a good all-around machine - good proc, plenty of memory, good (unless you're into gaming) graphics and great form factor/looks. I want one, but there's no way in hell I'm paying that price for it.

Anonymous Coward

HP

I've just bought one of those HP microservers. Particularly good value as they're doing £100 cashback on it at the moment so will weigh in at around £115 inc VAT. Not quite sure what I'm going to use it for though. Possibly a storage box with another stick of RAM and some more disks.

£600?

Really? £600

I have one of the old Revo 3600 with an Atom processor. That was a great buy £250 for a tiny computer. Works perfectly as a PVR running Media Centre.

£600 is too much for a computer like this, for that kind of money I want a decent processor.

Silver badge
Unhappy

Mac envy?

Maybe they'e suffering Macintosh envy, think that all there is to it is to squeeze the electronics into a flashy slimline case and charce an exorbitant price?

Or maybe it's a cynical pre-Xmas launch and the price will be halved within a couple of months?

Silly price aside, it looks rather nice.

Gates Horns

Only windows

Really neat. If it shipped without Windows then it'd be maybe £75 cheaper & just hit the right spot.

FAIL

The price is shocking.....

I'm not denying that its a lovely looking piece of kit- but just who is going to shell out £600 for it? I certainly can't justify it......

This topic is closed for new posts.