Hewlett-Packard and IBM have been selling baby blade boxes suitable for office environments for the past couple of years, and now Fujitsu is chasing SMB shops with its own BX400 blade server chassis. The company is also chasing what it calls "very small businesses," hopefully not to be immortalized with the VSB abbreviation any …
875 quid for a wheelie stand?!
You haven't seen the MilSpec version...
With £100 cashback mine's the HP
Depends what you want to do with a mini-server - for domestic use I want the low power consumption.
The home use is for computer back-ups, music/video file serving, and dual tuner PVR.
As servers, I bought both a quad Opteron and a dual Xenon, but these are OTT for home server use, and I'm now using them as workstations.
HP Microserver is priced at £217 delivered from one Gold HP dealer in UK - and with HP £100 cashback during December, that's £117 for the base machine, so mine's the HP.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS