Hewlett-Packard and IBM have been selling baby blade boxes suitable for office environments for the past couple of years, and now Fujitsu is chasing SMB shops with its own BX400 blade server chassis. The company is also chasing what it calls "very small businesses," hopefully not to be immortalized with the VSB abbreviation any …
875 quid for a wheelie stand?!
You haven't seen the MilSpec version...
With £100 cashback mine's the HP
Depends what you want to do with a mini-server - for domestic use I want the low power consumption.
The home use is for computer back-ups, music/video file serving, and dual tuner PVR.
As servers, I bought both a quad Opteron and a dual Xenon, but these are OTT for home server use, and I'm now using them as workstations.
HP Microserver is priced at £217 delivered from one Gold HP dealer in UK - and with HP £100 cashback during December, that's £117 for the base machine, so mine's the HP.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM