Hewlett-Packard and IBM have been selling baby blade boxes suitable for office environments for the past couple of years, and now Fujitsu is chasing SMB shops with its own BX400 blade server chassis. The company is also chasing what it calls "very small businesses," hopefully not to be immortalized with the VSB abbreviation any …
875 quid for a wheelie stand?!
You haven't seen the MilSpec version...
With £100 cashback mine's the HP
Depends what you want to do with a mini-server - for domestic use I want the low power consumption.
The home use is for computer back-ups, music/video file serving, and dual tuner PVR.
As servers, I bought both a quad Opteron and a dual Xenon, but these are OTT for home server use, and I'm now using them as workstations.
HP Microserver is priced at £217 delivered from one Gold HP dealer in UK - and with HP £100 cashback during December, that's £117 for the base machine, so mine's the HP.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account