Feeds

back to article Russia beats off US, floods world with spam

Russia has eclipsed the USA as the main villain in global spam distribution, according to stats published by Russian security firm Kaspersky Lab on Wednesday. While Russia was top of the rogues, the USA fell from its customary heights to a lowly 18th place for October, the month covered by the latest reports. Kaspersky credits …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

So now we have a SPAM gap

Not content with missile gaps, bomber gaps and mine shaft gaps [tip o' the hat to Dr Strangelove], america is now falling behind the rest of the world in spam, too. Well they'll just have to do better. Maybe it'll become "unamerican" not to generate hundreds or thousands of worthless posts every day <ahem> and flood the world with enhancements, elongations, bank transfers and virus checks.

Although, I'd have to say; it's been so long since I've seen any spam, I'm rather out of touch with what they are offering, these days.

Alert

I don't get much russian spam but

most spam I get is pretty blatantly aimed at the US market.

It may just be that the crims to our east are much better at cornering the market.

Joke

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Does anyone else keep getting these emails from the bank about people trying to access their account?

I quickly used their link the other day to log in and give them all my details again and send them a letter to not keep forgetting my account details.

It was at that point it hit me that i don't even have a Halifax bank account!

This topic is closed for new posts.