back to article German exec banged up in private-dick wiretap ring probe

A German court has jailed a former Deutsche Telekom manager for three-and-a-half years for his role in a spy ring based on bugged phone calls. The judge in Bonn's Regional Court noted that DT had made it easy for the manager to snoop on calls. Klaus Trzeschan was convicted of breaking privacy rules and improperly using funds …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

spying is not a serious crime?

What is it, then? Did something get lost in translation?

2. Fluffykins Silver badge

Wouldn't happen in the UK

The prosecution, I mean

3. Bill Neal
    Joke

oh

How Trzeachrous!

4. Kurgan
    WTF?

So a manager spies on other managers of the same telco...

And he does it all by itself? Please....

He was asked by someone in a higher position to spy on other managers, and when he was caught, he said "oh, yes, it was my fault, and my idea". Now he has just to wait untile he gets out of jail (that will be real soon) and he can spend all of the money he was given to play scapegoat in this show.

5. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

I wonder if legal protection applies to all phone calls...

...or only one routed over external network. Can my employer listen to me talking to someone elsewhere in the building? (though Om help them if they're ever that bored)

6. asdf
    FAIL

fug DT

For the Brits complaining about BT I can tell you having lived in Germany I think DT is even worse. They seem to have just as much political power and even less oversight. The US does a lot of dumb stuff granted but busting up our telecom monopoly AT&T was brilliant in hindsight.

7. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

The title of this article is just pure class! Well done!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Depends

If you're doing it for somebody else (very bad crime) or for "us" (heroic service to the nation).

Trenchcoat, obviously.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like