BlackBerry maker RIM is advertising for an interoperability testing specialist, with a view to ensuring that BlackBerry devices work properly with NFC. RIM has revealed that such devices are in development. That shouldn't be surprising - when RIM's CEO was asked last week if Near Field Communications features in its future, he …
The key is just part of the story..
All you need is a merchant account (which gives you access to the key) and a better aerial (which extends the reach of NFC to just under 30 meters and presto, drive by credit card reading.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'