Asus' monochrome LCD tablet, the Eee Note, went on sale in the firm's native Taiwan today for a rather tasty Sterling equivalent price of £148. OK, so that's based on the current Taiwan New Dollar-Sterling exchange rate - the price is TWD6999 - and comes in minus VAT, which would take the price to £175, give or take. That puts …
E-ink or LCD?
Now, what kind of display has this thing? A while ago it was said that Asus would come up with an Ebook reader with a monochrome high-contrast LCD display. Which was quite an interesting idea because e-ink is slooooow. Drawing or writing on such a display must be a nightmare when the screen refreshes only two or four times a second at best. I just can't imagine how this should work.
On the basis of the rubbish battery life, guessing LCD, but I haven't seen a grey-scale monochrome one of those for decades...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic 7 AMAZING experiments set for Mars Rover 2020 – including oxygen generation
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low