Asus' monochrome LCD tablet, the Eee Note, went on sale in the firm's native Taiwan today for a rather tasty Sterling equivalent price of £148. OK, so that's based on the current Taiwan New Dollar-Sterling exchange rate - the price is TWD6999 - and comes in minus VAT, which would take the price to £175, give or take. That puts …
E-ink or LCD?
Now, what kind of display has this thing? A while ago it was said that Asus would come up with an Ebook reader with a monochrome high-contrast LCD display. Which was quite an interesting idea because e-ink is slooooow. Drawing or writing on such a display must be a nightmare when the screen refreshes only two or four times a second at best. I just can't imagine how this should work.
On the basis of the rubbish battery life, guessing LCD, but I haven't seen a grey-scale monochrome one of those for decades...
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS