Indian police arrested four suspected movie uploaders last weekend in what is reportedly the first operation of its kind in the country. The quartet are accused of running a business involving ripping pirated movie DVDs and music CDs and uploading them to a site called Torrentrockerz, which made its money from advertising. The …
"UPLOADING RECENTLY RELEASED MOVIES IN TO WEBSITE"
Well, they didn't do that if they were just an initial seed, so no charge to answer...
If it was a bit torrent site they wouldn't have been uploading any films onto the website.
But we can't expect the police to actually understand the technology can we?
Not enough info as usual
If they were running a server to host the seeds (full copies of the files) then they did upload them to the web.
But I do expect a song and dance, as the lawyers say that their clients lost SIX HUNDRED MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FORTY TWO THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS in sales due to the uploaders who made millions in advertising money.
Bolt hole? No - a Rope!
Hinder the Fuzz at the door - climb up the "Indian Rope Trick" & disappear!
" Police seized two CD copiers/duplicators and two computers"
Are they selling bootlegs on the street? Because that's a little different than hosting a torrent site...
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- MARS NEEDS WOMEN, claims NASA pseudo 'naut: They eat less
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Vid Google opens new Inbox – email for people too dumb to use email