God save us from the branding 'specialists' who came up with "Qriocity", the name Sony has selected for its movie streaming service, which is now live in the UK. Qriocity is, of course, intended to be pronounced 'curiosity', which is a daft enough name for a video-on-demand service even when it's spelled correctly. It's a word …
Just noticed the article author name..
Is this the PS3 video store basically, but available on PC / Internet enabled TV's (Why...?)
Streaming well established - now can we get some decent film?
Streaming films all over the place now for PS3 owners with a choice of Lovefilm and Cheerio-city (is it a rebrand of the current streaming service or are there going to be three of them?).
It's a pity that 99.9% of what they all serve is Hollywood crap.
@Andy; Try Mubi (on PS3/PC)
It's not there yet in available content, but I'd love to see you qualify that as Hollywood crap ;)
Still in two minds
Sounds like a great idea but streaming has to be backed up by caching for people who don't have the bandwidth for live playback. You could say I'm bi-qrious about it.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market