God save us from the branding 'specialists' who came up with "Qriocity", the name Sony has selected for its movie streaming service, which is now live in the UK. Qriocity is, of course, intended to be pronounced 'curiosity', which is a daft enough name for a video-on-demand service even when it's spelled correctly. It's a word …
Just noticed the article author name..
Is this the PS3 video store basically, but available on PC / Internet enabled TV's (Why...?)
Streaming well established - now can we get some decent film?
Streaming films all over the place now for PS3 owners with a choice of Lovefilm and Cheerio-city (is it a rebrand of the current streaming service or are there going to be three of them?).
It's a pity that 99.9% of what they all serve is Hollywood crap.
@Andy; Try Mubi (on PS3/PC)
It's not there yet in available content, but I'd love to see you qualify that as Hollywood crap ;)
Still in two minds
Sounds like a great idea but streaming has to be backed up by caching for people who don't have the bandwidth for live playback. You could say I'm bi-qrious about it.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS