The gossip around the water coolers of the storage world is that EMC is going to run Isilon like VMware, as a separate business unit. This is unverified, but my source is quite respectable. The guy who told me heard it from the office cleaner who emptied the waste paper bin of an EMC exec so close to Pat Gelsinger that they use …
we're looking at putting in 1Pb of Isilon storage here next year and I wouldn't want EMC mucking around with it! Everything we seem to buy gets taken over by EMC, We've got Legato Networker,bought by EMC, DataDomain DD box, bought by EMC and now Isilon, grrrrrr
Or just some careless exec who shouldn't be trusted with digital data if he treats (possibly intended as confidential) paper data like this! Paris for the potential dumbness of the exec in question.
@Kerry are EMC destructive meddlers?
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes