The gossip around the water coolers of the storage world is that EMC is going to run Isilon like VMware, as a separate business unit. This is unverified, but my source is quite respectable. The guy who told me heard it from the office cleaner who emptied the waste paper bin of an EMC exec so close to Pat Gelsinger that they use …
we're looking at putting in 1Pb of Isilon storage here next year and I wouldn't want EMC mucking around with it! Everything we seem to buy gets taken over by EMC, We've got Legato Networker,bought by EMC, DataDomain DD box, bought by EMC and now Isilon, grrrrrr
Or just some careless exec who shouldn't be trusted with digital data if he treats (possibly intended as confidential) paper data like this! Paris for the potential dumbness of the exec in question.
@Kerry are EMC destructive meddlers?
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE