At this point, every server vendor+dog has some sort of integrated CPU-GPU system that they’re offering to their high performance computing (HPC) and other number-crunching customers. The recently introduced Tetra from Appro has upped the ante by offering more GPUs than any other manufacturer in a small 1U package. This …
What I don't get abotu HPC...
So GPGPU = good for many tasks. Why do Nvidia keep teaming these things up with x86? They have Tegra! Where are the Tegra + Tesla FPU HPC monstronsities? Nvidia have the gear here to create some truly unique number crunching joy.
A new generation of servers: ARM + stupidly large FPU.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Apple spent just ONE DOLLAR beefing up the latest iPad Air 2