At this point, every server vendor+dog has some sort of integrated CPU-GPU system that they’re offering to their high performance computing (HPC) and other number-crunching customers. The recently introduced Tetra from Appro has upped the ante by offering more GPUs than any other manufacturer in a small 1U package. This …
What I don't get abotu HPC...
So GPGPU = good for many tasks. Why do Nvidia keep teaming these things up with x86? They have Tegra! Where are the Tegra + Tesla FPU HPC monstronsities? Nvidia have the gear here to create some truly unique number crunching joy.
A new generation of servers: ARM + stupidly large FPU.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked