At this point, every server vendor+dog has some sort of integrated CPU-GPU system that they’re offering to their high performance computing (HPC) and other number-crunching customers. The recently introduced Tetra from Appro has upped the ante by offering more GPUs than any other manufacturer in a small 1U package. This …
What I don't get abotu HPC...
So GPGPU = good for many tasks. Why do Nvidia keep teaming these things up with x86? They have Tegra! Where are the Tegra + Tesla FPU HPC monstronsities? Nvidia have the gear here to create some truly unique number crunching joy.
A new generation of servers: ARM + stupidly large FPU.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip