At this point, every server vendor+dog has some sort of integrated CPU-GPU system that they’re offering to their high performance computing (HPC) and other number-crunching customers. The recently introduced Tetra from Appro has upped the ante by offering more GPUs than any other manufacturer in a small 1U package. This …
What I don't get abotu HPC...
So GPGPU = good for many tasks. Why do Nvidia keep teaming these things up with x86? They have Tegra! Where are the Tegra + Tesla FPU HPC monstronsities? Nvidia have the gear here to create some truly unique number crunching joy.
A new generation of servers: ARM + stupidly large FPU.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests