Apple's decision to yank support for its AirPrint technology from Mac OS X 10.6.5 has the noses of no few iDevice owners out of joint. With the arrival yesterday of iOS 4.2 and the wireless printing tech it brings to iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches, the absence of AirPrint on Macs prevents owners of these gadgets printing, …
On my Windows computer I have two "printers" set up in Control Panel for the same colour laser.
The default has its settings set to mono, thus saving time printing as it doesn't have a fit whenever it encounters a blue link on a webpage and starts to fanny on with all the other toners.
If I want to print in colour I simply send the document to "HP Colour" and it prints in CMYK goodness.
I presume a similar system could be set up here where you have a few defaults on the mac with different names if you want to use settings frequently.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad