Mention robots and most people envisage the future, but some have been around longer than us. George the Robot is one such android and has found a new home in the National Museum of Computing after 60 years of hibernation in a galaxy far, far away his maker's shed. George is the creation of Tony Sale, a former RAF officer and …
That's some seriously crazy engineering skills.
Beer hunting robot for the win!
60 year old robot :)
Is robot years like dog years?
@"after 60 years of hibernation" ... "can no longer sit down or locate beer."
That looks like real old age, fortunately I'm not there yet! ;)
Cheers George on moving into your new (retirement) home (Museum)! :)
What is it with the Japanese?
Just when everyone thought uncanny valley couldn't be any more horrifying, some Japanese scientist appears to prove us wrong. This "nurse" won't have to worry about offering advice because the patients they'll be dropping like flies in pure terror.
Does anyone else think...
...that robo-nurse looks more believably realistic than some of the botoxed and nip-tucked meatbags you see?
After 60 years his Meccano Robot still stands! I'd like to see those small plastic bricks work as well after 60 years!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Special Report Roll up for El Reg's 3G/4G MONOPOLY DATA PUB CRAWL