All eyes were on IT industry bellwether Hewlett-Packard today as it reported its fourth quarter of fiscal 2010 financial results in the wake of bringing onboard its new chief executive officer, Leo Apotheker, and the winding down of arguments last week in the lawsuit between Oracle and SAP, Apotheker's former employer. At least …
Well, the new CEO said that he will reinstate pay rises, bonuses and the share purchase scheme. Mark the butcher had taken away all this from his employees long time ago, to finance a massive bonus for himself and his cronies. Even thought it may seem little, it's a good start for the new CEO. This is the first good news that HP employees have heard in more than 5 years.
..will the beatings of pre-acquisition EDS staff continue until morale improves?
Does this mean I can have my payrise that was cancelled when the take-over was first announced? Only been waiting 2 years & have been promoted again since then!!
You've been waiting a whole 2 years....
....for a pay rise! You should consider yourself lucky, some of us have been waiting for 4 years... and counting. I will believe the apparent change in policy when it happens and I have some cash in my hands. Until then I am not holding my breath :-)
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Kaspersky backpedals on "done nothing wrong, nothing to fear" company article