Feeds

back to article Desktop virtualization: One size really doesn’t fit all

Desktop virtualization isn’t quite as simple as it once sounded. Today there’s a raft of fundamental implementation decisions that need to be made based on varying levels of pay-back - save cash, reduce maintenance, maintain compatability, whatever. But which one to choose for your target environment? On Friday 26th November at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

suggestion

Although I won't be able to attend on the day I'll be watching the recorded version. I'd like to suggest that you start by speaking about fat desktop briefly. Many of our customers ask about VDI as if it's a magic bullet and don't realise that fat desktop is still the best solution unless you have a good reason not to use fat desktop.

I suspect that much of the content will still be focussed on app delivery etc so this sentiment may have come through anyway.

never again

we use citrix here. It's utterly awful. I haven't seen networked desktops since the early 1990s that run so unreliably and slowly. God knows why either, our network team certainly don't & it is all meant to be configured correctly.

If anyone wants to try Citrix I think I know where you can find a nearly new server. Very cheap. The staff here will probably pay you to remove it.

This topic is closed for new posts.