Developers can now build for-pay widgets for Yahoo!'s Connected TV platform. Yahoo! will distribute these third-party mini apps through its Yahoo! Connected TV Store, due to launch in March of next year. The store's developer program is now open to coders, and widgets can be build with Yahoo!'s existing widget SDK, downloadable …
Not for shared tv's
If i was watching HIGNFY and another person felt the need to start checking their facebook profile, taking up 1/3 of the screen, I would feel the need to insert the remote between their cushions.
Good luck with finding developers stupid enough.
The cushions will thank Yahoo! for! being! so! greedy!
Ding Dong the Wicked STB is dead
Looking at this my thoughts are - what level of imbecile it takes to continue investing in a strictly anti-application oriented Set Top Box akeen to the ones which all UK operators are trying to ship. BT Vision, Project Cartel (Canvas), Sky, Virgin - you name it. Everything these do can be implemented in couple of weeks or so worth of development on top of this and you get the extra revenue stream from the apps on top.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs