ViewSonic is offering up to £125 off the price of its ViewPad tablets to anyone who'll swap their netbook for a fondle slab. The deal isn't quite as straightforward as that, alas. You'll have to buy your ViewPad first - either the 7in or 10in model - and then apply for the rebate online. You have 30 days to claim, and you must …
Did you review the larger Viewsonic tablet, El Reg?
I assume that Viewsonic had to limit the Viewpad-10 to Android 1.6 as a condition of Microsoft selling them Win7 licences?
Its interesting to compare the differences between the viewpad-10.htm and the viewpad-7.htm web pages.
Mainly, the Viewpad-7 page states the battery capacity and claims a battery life of 4-6 hours of heavy, continuous use. The Viewpad-10 page does not mention the battery or the battery life.
Also, the Viewpad-10 has a multi-lingual user guide .pdf available. The viewpad-7 only has a spec sheet. Have fun noticing the other differences :)
As far as I remember, 1.6 is the latest version Intel has ported for it's CPU's.
The limitation has more to do with availability of Andorid on x86.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops