SpikeSource –a Silicon-Valley startup once blessed by big names and championed as the future of making money on open-source – has shut-up shop after seven years. The assets of SpikeSource have been bought by Black Duck Software. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Welcoming the deal was Ray Lane, managing partner of …
-never seen the point of spikesource. they were trying to sell an approved software stack at first, but that puts them straight up against JBoss and hence redhat, who are at least positioned to go all the way down the support stack right down to OS-level issues.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen