SpikeSource –a Silicon-Valley startup once blessed by big names and championed as the future of making money on open-source – has shut-up shop after seven years. The assets of SpikeSource have been bought by Black Duck Software. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Welcoming the deal was Ray Lane, managing partner of …
-never seen the point of spikesource. they were trying to sell an approved software stack at first, but that puts them straight up against JBoss and hence redhat, who are at least positioned to go all the way down the support stack right down to OS-level issues.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers