SpikeSource –a Silicon-Valley startup once blessed by big names and championed as the future of making money on open-source – has shut-up shop after seven years. The assets of SpikeSource have been bought by Black Duck Software. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Welcoming the deal was Ray Lane, managing partner of …
-never seen the point of spikesource. they were trying to sell an approved software stack at first, but that puts them straight up against JBoss and hence redhat, who are at least positioned to go all the way down the support stack right down to OS-level issues.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat