back to article Sweden to issue international arrest warrant for Assange

Swedish prosecuters plan to issue an international arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, after a court today approved their request to detain him over rape and molestation allegations. Director of Public Prosecution Marianne Ny said she will seek his arrest via Interpol, AP reports. Assange again denied the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Piers
    Grenade

..to be subjected to another media circus that she will orchestrate...

Right - only wants to be subjected to another media circus that HE will orchestrate. I see.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Big Brother

You better had do some work...

Because the military-industrial clusterfuck needs your tax money. I hear the 3-trillion dollar war ain't going well.

2. MGJ

Our cost

If he is arrested on an EAW, he'll be flown to Sweden on BA or the Swedish flag carrier (SAS?) at our expense, not his, if he is arrested in the UK

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Idiots

Should be going through the American courts. It'd be a lot easier to extradite him.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Silence the voice of Truth

Thats what the Military Indutsrial complex wants, ie to keep the arms trade going. He is a thorn in the u know where. Rubbed up the Pentagon the wrong way with his wikileaks. They will get him in the end and I do indeed fear for this witch hunt.

He should be offered protection by the authorities, at our cost. That would be money well spent.

Wonder who is financing the Swedish warrants!

Mines the bulletproof one, hence forth.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Trick

The Swedish sex stuff is just a trick by the Penta-gone military industrial complex to ensnare him so that he is discredited and people lose trust in Wikileaks. The ruling classes don't like it when their lies are exposed so Julian must be discredited at all costs otherwise arms profits will suffer. Look what happened to Lady Diana after her landmine work.

6. bluest.one

Letter from Swedish Counsel Bjorn Hurtig to English co-Counsel for Julian Assange.

Worth a read:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/71m62q

7. scoob101
    Big Brother

Something fishy here

Of course, these charges are completley genuine, and the American government are in no way involved.

Honest.

8. Mark 65

Expected

I'm sure he expected to be stung when he kept poking wasps' nests - likewise you can argue fairness, morality, and legality with them all you like too.

9. mhenriday
    Thumb Down

«Sweden to issue international arrest warrant for Assange»

His master's voice....

Henri

10. scoob101
    WTF?

This is a stitch up.

Hang on a minute.... Sweden CLEARED him back in AUGUST....and now they are changing their mind??? There is something VERY fishy going on here..

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41333.html

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

wikileaks gone down?

I can only find a Goooogle cache from early this morning, every other attempt - via argentinian or german IPs gets me a (randomly named) "XvdfU4Rs.dms.part" instead of an index page. well they did say that there would be a new release of blurb - looks likeI'll have to start reading the Grauniad again

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like