Yahoo! CEO Carol Bartz has indicated that her company is developing a service that will allow third-party websites to dynamically optimize their content using Yahoo!'s recently-revamped back-end infrastructure. "[Optimizing and personalizing web content] doesn't scale with most companies," Bartz said during an appearance at the …
Yahoo! Movies Rec / Customer support sucks
You can't delete/clear any movies you have rated by mistake.
The customer support are NOT engineers able to handle the stuff, nor do they know what they are talking about...other than "canned" emails.
This was 4 years ago.
A recent visit to Yahoo! Movies ("my movies" section is same)....so much for Yahoo! "re-inventing" itself.
Bzzzzzzt. Next contestant, please...
Never mind that it was at a Web 2.0 "summit"; here's one more Internet corporate doorknob using the word "ecosystem".
Also, I love how Bartz uses the term "interactive". If my experience with pointy-haired management types and marketing hypesters is any indication, the term "interactive" in this context means "Web pages full of wiggling, blinking, flashing crap that won't hold still".
My first search engine
I must be getting really old, but I prefer dumb websites. Here's hoping that Yahoo doesn't get too googly and I don't have to switch to something else. Better the devil you know...
How many of you read it and thought "Geocities 2.0"?
I'm showing my age ...
Not the Web 2.0 Sphere!!!
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- Facebook slurps 'paste sites' for STOLEN passwords, sprinkles on hash and salt