Google has launched Hotpot, a surprisingly Yelp-like service for collecting ratings of places, which will then use those ratings to personalise your search results. Google Maps already provides reviews culled from around the web, and submitted by other Google users, but Hotpot goes a little deeper by tailoring its …
Google will get you eventually
No it wont, No Facefriend, google analytics and leadservices untrusted in noscript, no google cookies and searches done with the scroogle search bar.
And how do you intend to use Scroogle if Google FOAD?
@Anonymous Coward Scroogle
I'll use it as long as it is there and then use another one when/if it dies.
Problem is; anything that can affect search rankings draws the SEO w****ers like flies.. I guess the 'social networking' aspect of this is supposed to sort that all out. But SEO types are quite adept at producing vast artificial crowds (astroterracing?) so I can see them bolloxing this too.
Our search for better search continues.
But what if...
...I'm somewhere none of my friends have ever been?
Once again, a "social networking" idea based on the false premise that I will like what my friends like. Only works for lemmings.
so now google will know where you are all the time
They already know what you're thinking about.
Google is Santa Claus
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth