Switch colossus Juniper will acquire enterprise wireless networking specialist Trapeze Networks for $152m cash, it announced today. It plans to integrate the buy into its corporate networking business, to allow clients to provide "a seamless, high-quality, secure experience to their users regardless of where and how they access …
Entirely Good News!
Trapeze were only bought by Belden a year ago; and by all accounts Belden have made a good profit on Trapeze Networks.
As a customer of Trapeze this is entirely positive, with Trapeze owned by a larger network vendor (who isn't Cisco) there is likely to be more understanding of enterprise network issues and the equipment is likely to remain supported for longer.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base