back to article AOL preps mail beta

AOL is offering lucky punters a beta version of its new email interface. Project Phoenix - a worrying name for any project - promises to be simple to use and includes a Quick Bar for accessing mails, text messages and IMs. The software also aggregates several email addresses, so you don't have to suffer the shame of an "@aol. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

I'll admit it ...

I have an AOL email address. It's over 25 years old (as of this week!). They won't let me nuke it. It hasn't seen useful activity in over two decades ... Somehow I suspect that this "new" interface to what is, in essence, a simple store & forward ASCII messaging system will be as useful as my old q-link account.

Bronze badge

@Jake

Not suprising you still have your AoL address. From what I've heard, once you get an AoL account it is almost impossible get them to close it.

As long as they are not still Direct Debiting your bank account for it.

Alert

AOL email

Yea, whatever...

Thumb Down

AOL said that email accounts for ...

"AOL said that email accounts for 45 per cent of its total page views across its network of assorted sites."

And no one uses AOL email, so imagine how litle page view the rest of the pages get.

Unhappy

...what?

Why is AOL still alive and developing anything?

FAIL

AOL Email???

Remember back when AOL & Time were friends?

A friend of mine told me this story and I have heard it from several different sources, so you can decide if its true or not.

Corporate decided that a division within TIME had to convert over to AOL email as it would save them bucks over MS's email.

Long and short of the story it went over like a lead balloon people could not get at their email for days at a time and then even if the email was sent it was iffy at best if the person ever got it.

Divison had to go back to MS mail after 100,000's of thousands of $'s spent on the coversion. That may have started the divorce proceedings I do not know (or care).

Unhappy

AOL

OK, OK, so I am a type of geek with AOL, as I have found AOL reasonably easy to work with on my mobile phones as I get them as my main access - up until recently - when due to all the fiddling around with the email by AOL, it has been becoming a complete PIA trying to connect.

I'm using Android at the moment, but I have to use the Opera mini browser to access email, but that doesn't guarantee being able to actually read them.

I'm giving them 1 more week, then if it doesn't resolve, I'm off to gmail full time.

Badgers

whuh ?

these guys are still alive ? though they tapped out years ago

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums