A new variant of the Lethic botnet agent comes signed with a digital certificate from the same firm whose identity was abused by the infamous Stuxnet industrial control system worm. Lethic is a spam-spewing botnet that ranks relatively low in terms of compromised machines but bears a disproportionately high responsibility for …
so they used a fake certificate that wouldn't verify... why bother at all then? a self-signed certificate with a name of "Microsoft Security Department" or something would have been just as effective surely? or indeed just have it generate a new certificate for each infection - i'm sure that would be more annoying to AV companies
No - I think it was a stolen cert, inside job or hack at Realtek to get the private key then ?
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad