Twitter has inked a deal with Apple to allow its service to link up to the Jobsian outfit’s Ping in iTunes. Apple, meanwhile, is still bereft of such an agreement with Facebook, which is the more natural partner for its Ping product. Ping has been greeted with indifference from its users since Apple bolted the social network …
An unnecessary alliance
Well, there goes my handy and often informative timeline courtesy of those I follow.
I'll be sifting through relevant iTunes updates for-bloody-ever just to get to news, updates and comments. Arse!
Sorry, can't help myself!
...how about working on actual performance for change...I'm sick of that damned spinning ball, everytime I click something, or ask it to do something. Why does syncing take an age? Why does backup of ipad/iphone take an age? Why do I have to wait for an age while the library updates everytime Apple releases an update?
And I'm on a dual core intel mac too, so I'm hardly running on an antique hardware.
Ah, I see you have the machine that goes "ping".
This is my favorite. You see we lease it back from the company we sold it to and that way it comes under the monthly current budget and not the capital account.
Apple's Ping sounds about as bloody useful too.
...and in the real NHS...
- it would come out both budgets, and neither of them, depending on the report
- it would come with lock-ins and penalties
- it would cost twice as much as something bought off the shelf
- It would be utterly unreliable
- It would incur huge locked-in callout charged to fix it (usualy involving a mere reboot)
- It would only ping 25% of the time it was actually needed to ping
Ping is just retarded
I'd love to have a way to disable Ping, or even better remove it from my iTunes. I regret installing the "upgrade" that forced this retarded bloat on me. It's a completely useless annoyance, and will always be. I don't care if the unwashed masses of social networking sheep know what I'm listening to, nor do I have any desire to share that information.
As soon as I can find a company other than Apple that has an mp3 and video player with a 160gig storage capacity or better, I'll be moving on.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst