Networking giant and server wannabe Cisco Systems gave Wall Street another shock when it said its orders fell short by more than $500m in the first quarter of fiscal 2011, holding revenues down to $10.75bn. When announcing its financial results on Wednesday for the quarter that ended on October 30, Cisco also warned that its …
Cisco still rocks!
Nobody got fired for buying Cisco. There TAC for people with support contracts is very good and you get to talk to real engineers. IOS brilliant.. I dont want GUI's, webpage configurations none of that rubbish. If all you got is telnet or ssh thats all you need.
2) If you can understand them. I think Cisco was one of the first companies that I dealt with that had a TAC in India. I only ever called them once. After that, I would wait until the Aussies were answering before making the call, down or not.
3) IOS: one bad command and you're walking 1/4 mile to the data center or driving into the plant at 3am. The next day, you're convincing your manager that buying modems or a terminal server would cost less than a 30-minute outage.
4) If you use telnet, I hope you listened to the people when they told you to disallow access to your firewalls' admin interface from the internet.
Also, if Proteon had been cut-throat, Cisco would have disappeared instead.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst