Vodafone is to sell its non-controlling stake in the Japanese carrier Softbank for £3.1bn, it announced today. It follows the disposal of its 3.2 per cent interest in China Mobile in September. The cash from both sales will be used to pay down debts and placate investors with share buybacks. The group said it will now focus on …
... so HMG could get a good price for the Ark Royal then?
I know it was probably just me
but I'm assuming the coffee hadn't kicked in and all the articles el Reg has been doing on the plight of our ones led me to think holy crap Vodafone are going to own part of the Japanese fleet.
Needless to say I'm almost awake now.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder