Vodafone is to sell its non-controlling stake in the Japanese carrier Softbank for £3.1bn, it announced today. It follows the disposal of its 3.2 per cent interest in China Mobile in September. The cash from both sales will be used to pay down debts and placate investors with share buybacks. The group said it will now focus on …
... so HMG could get a good price for the Ark Royal then?
I know it was probably just me
but I'm assuming the coffee hadn't kicked in and all the articles el Reg has been doing on the plight of our ones led me to think holy crap Vodafone are going to own part of the Japanese fleet.
Needless to say I'm almost awake now.
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Review Fiat Panda Cross: 'Interesting-looking' Multipla spawn hits UK
- Analysis PEAK LANDFILL: Why tablet gloom is good news for Windows users