Vodafone is to sell its non-controlling stake in the Japanese carrier Softbank for £3.1bn, it announced today. It follows the disposal of its 3.2 per cent interest in China Mobile in September. The cash from both sales will be used to pay down debts and placate investors with share buybacks. The group said it will now focus on …
... so HMG could get a good price for the Ark Royal then?
I know it was probably just me
but I'm assuming the coffee hadn't kicked in and all the articles el Reg has been doing on the plight of our ones led me to think holy crap Vodafone are going to own part of the Japanese fleet.
Needless to say I'm almost awake now.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month