Stormy Peters is quitting her paid position as executive director at the GNOME Foundation in favour of a new job as Mozilla’s head of developer engagement. The FOSS advocate joined the GNOME Foundation in July 2008. She previously worked at OpenLogic as director of community and partner programmes, and before that headed up …
Prepare to launch the ROFLcopter
Complete solution for the desktop, ah ha ha ha ha ha ha, my work here is done oh ho ho ho ho ho. OMG WTF people are using web stuff that isn't free. STOP THEM, woo hoo hoo hoo hoo.
Bless their cotton socks.
And the existing parts are usually so disjointed, they barely look like they're even trying to be part of "one whole system".
Don't get me started on the bugs...
That's all IMHO, of course, but KDE 3.5 was a far better integrated and polished experience.
A pity about KDE 4, though. A few minutes spent tweaking settings and picking a less grey-shaded/3D-ish theme (Christ on a pogo stick, that default theme is hideous) can make a huge improvement, but I could never manage to get it to feel or look as good as its predecessor.
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid strike was a stroke of bad luck, say boffins
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it