NetApp has updated its Data ONTAP array operating system to v8.01, introducing data movement, compression, a new management facility and software licensing changes. DataMotion for Volumes enables sysadmins to move data volumes non-destructively, while the volume is being accessed, across multiple NetApp storage systems or within …
Are you sure?
'All existing NetApp arrays can run Data ONTAP 8.01.' Might want to check whether a FAS2020 or FAS2050 can run this (older models, but still available)......
It won't work on the 2020/2050 as these have a 32bit processor (mobile celeron). If you download the simulator you can see it's derived from a FreeBSD 64bit release (version unknown).
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones