NetApp has updated its Data ONTAP array operating system to v8.01, introducing data movement, compression, a new management facility and software licensing changes. DataMotion for Volumes enables sysadmins to move data volumes non-destructively, while the volume is being accessed, across multiple NetApp storage systems or within …
Are you sure?
'All existing NetApp arrays can run Data ONTAP 8.01.' Might want to check whether a FAS2020 or FAS2050 can run this (older models, but still available)......
It won't work on the 2020/2050 as these have a 32bit processor (mobile celeron). If you download the simulator you can see it's derived from a FreeBSD 64bit release (version unknown).
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp