NetApp has updated its Data ONTAP array operating system to v8.01, introducing data movement, compression, a new management facility and software licensing changes. DataMotion for Volumes enables sysadmins to move data volumes non-destructively, while the volume is being accessed, across multiple NetApp storage systems or within …
Are you sure?
'All existing NetApp arrays can run Data ONTAP 8.01.' Might want to check whether a FAS2020 or FAS2050 can run this (older models, but still available)......
It won't work on the 2020/2050 as these have a 32bit processor (mobile celeron). If you download the simulator you can see it's derived from a FreeBSD 64bit release (version unknown).
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat