NetApp has updated its Data ONTAP array operating system to v8.01, introducing data movement, compression, a new management facility and software licensing changes. DataMotion for Volumes enables sysadmins to move data volumes non-destructively, while the volume is being accessed, across multiple NetApp storage systems or within …
Are you sure?
'All existing NetApp arrays can run Data ONTAP 8.01.' Might want to check whether a FAS2020 or FAS2050 can run this (older models, but still available)......
It won't work on the 2020/2050 as these have a 32bit processor (mobile celeron). If you download the simulator you can see it's derived from a FreeBSD 64bit release (version unknown).
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer