NetApp has updated its Data ONTAP array operating system to v8.01, introducing data movement, compression, a new management facility and software licensing changes. DataMotion for Volumes enables sysadmins to move data volumes non-destructively, while the volume is being accessed, across multiple NetApp storage systems or within …
Are you sure?
'All existing NetApp arrays can run Data ONTAP 8.01.' Might want to check whether a FAS2020 or FAS2050 can run this (older models, but still available)......
It won't work on the 2020/2050 as these have a 32bit processor (mobile celeron). If you download the simulator you can see it's derived from a FreeBSD 64bit release (version unknown).
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Apple fanbois SCREAM as update BRICKS their Macbook Airs