NetApp is being coy about the processors in its FAS6200 arrays, saying only that the 6280 can have 24 cores. However, we have been given a view of the core sauce from someone who should know. The FAS6210 has two 4-core E5520 (2.26GHz) processors per controller, meaning 16 cores in a high-availability mode. These would be ' …
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then!
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then! ;)
perhaps they should have made and used many super low power ARM Arm Cortex Quad with lots of extra NEON 128bit SIMD block's and related IP inside.
Wood - Trees?
It's driving 1200 disks and you worry about the power consumption of the CPU?
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month