NetApp is being coy about the processors in its FAS6200 arrays, saying only that the 6280 can have 24 cores. However, we have been given a view of the core sauce from someone who should know. The FAS6210 has two 4-core E5520 (2.26GHz) processors per controller, meaning 16 cores in a high-availability mode. These would be ' …
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then!
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then! ;)
perhaps they should have made and used many super low power ARM Arm Cortex Quad with lots of extra NEON 128bit SIMD block's and related IP inside.
Wood - Trees?
It's driving 1200 disks and you worry about the power consumption of the CPU?
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court