NetApp is being coy about the processors in its FAS6200 arrays, saying only that the 6280 can have 24 cores. However, we have been given a view of the core sauce from someone who should know. The FAS6210 has two 4-core E5520 (2.26GHz) processors per controller, meaning 16 cores in a high-availability mode. These would be ' …
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then!
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then! ;)
perhaps they should have made and used many super low power ARM Arm Cortex Quad with lots of extra NEON 128bit SIMD block's and related IP inside.
Wood - Trees?
It's driving 1200 disks and you worry about the power consumption of the CPU?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs