NetApp is being coy about the processors in its FAS6200 arrays, saying only that the 6280 can have 24 cores. However, we have been given a view of the core sauce from someone who should know. The FAS6210 has two 4-core E5520 (2.26GHz) processors per controller, meaning 16 cores in a high-availability mode. These would be ' …
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then!
Not a Low Power Demon Yet then! ;)
perhaps they should have made and used many super low power ARM Arm Cortex Quad with lots of extra NEON 128bit SIMD block's and related IP inside.
Wood - Trees?
It's driving 1200 disks and you worry about the power consumption of the CPU?
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network