Panasonic Corporation is paying $30m for a two per cent stake in electric car maker Tesla. handshake for Tesla Panasonic deal The deal deepens an existing relationship; Panasonic supplies the lithium-ion batteries upon which the Lotus-based car depends. But Tesla had also used batteries from other manufacturers and now …
Coming soon, the Tesla Technics. Exactly the same car, only with a better paint job and more chrome bits. To be sold at double the current price.
And it still won't sound like a sports car really should.....
I'm wondering why Telsa don't just make an offer for Lotus...
RE: AC - look at the history of Tesla
Tesla has more chance of being bought by Lotus because they survive on handouts.
They hardly make any profit and that's why they always need more investment.
Plus a lawsuit by a founder of Tesla almost bought the company down a while ago so they're not strong enough to support Lotus and themselves unless everyone suddenly gets a lot richer and starts buying their expensive leccy cars.
The thing i want to know...
Does this mean bigger, more expensive Panasonic batteries for the remote or loads of smaller batteries for the Tesla Roadster?
Surely thats Pioneer? lolz.
Techics part of Matsushita
Pioneer are independant, Technics are owned by Panasonics parent company.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth